Driver Experience Day with Kilmersdon on the S&D at Midsomer Norton
30th Dec 2023
Experience the footplate on a vintage steam locomotive on the S&D at Midsomer Norton - date now confirmed and available to book
The day will include:
- Commence at approximately 08:00 hours with a welcome and safety briefing
- Introduction and familiarisation with the locomotive, preparing it for the day including watering, coaling and oiling around the loco.
- Opportunities for firing & driving the loco.
- Driving light engine up the line.
- Couple to our QM Brake Van and run up the line.
- Lunch will be in our RMB buffet car. Sandwich lunch and drinks will be provided for the participants only.
- More runs with stock up the line.
- Loco uncouples and returns to yard for disposal.
- Photograph session, award of certificates and presentation with a commemorative mug.
- Approximate finish time 16:00 hrs.
- Up to 3 participants will share the day with opportunity to undertake guarding duties and tour our Signal box.
- Up to 4 guests per participant may travel in the QM at a cost of £5 per person - food and drink for guests may be purchased in our RMB buffet car at cost.
If you have any questions, please send an email to [email protected]
Working on the footplate of a steam locomotive can be physically demanding, candidates should be in good health and be able to climb up and down steps in order to access the footplate. Suitable clothing, overalls, gloves and safety shoes/boots must be worn on the footplate of the locomotive. Age 18 or over only for driver experience.
Dates for Driver Experience Day with Kilmersdon on the S&D at Midsomer Norton
|30th Dec 2023||Book Tickets|