Driver Experience Day with Austin 1 on the S&D
16th Jul 2022
Experience the footplate on a vintage steam locomotive on the S&D at Midsomer Norton - Saturday dates now confirmed and available to book - 28th May and July 16th. Other dates to be added.
Details are still being finalised but will include:
- Commence at approximately 0800 hours with a welcome and safety briefing
- Introduction and familiarisation with the locomotive, preparing it for the day including oil and grease the loco.
- Driving light engine up the line.
- Couple to stock and run up the line with coaches, top & tailed with one of our diesel shunters.
- Lunch will be in our RMB buffet car. Meals and drinks will be provided for the drivers-only.
- More runs with stock with opportunities for driving & firing plus a go on the diesel.
- Loco uncouples and returns to yard for disposal.
- Photograph session, award of certificates and presentation with a commemorative mug.
- Approximate finish time 16:30
If you have any questions, please send an email to [email protected]
Working on the footplate of a steam locomotive can be physically demanding, candidates should be in good health and be able to climb up and down steps in order to access the footplate. Suitable clothing, overalls and safety shoes/boots must be worn on the footplate of the locomotive.
Dates for Driver Experience Day with Austin 1 on the S&D
|16th Jul 2022||Book Tickets|