Steam Driver Taster Sessions with Kilmersdon
31st Dec 2023
Experience the footplate on a vintage steam locomotive on the S&D at Midsomer Norton - Date now confirmed and available to book.
The session will include;
- One timetabled 45 minute session.
- Each session will commence with a welcome, safety briefing and basic introduction to the loco.
- The session will allow for two trips along the full length of the line.
- Opportunity for firing & driving the loco as desired by participants.
- The loco will be coupled to our QM Brake Van.
- Photo opportunity and awarding of certificate.
- Up to 12 guests per participant may travel on the QM at a cost of £5 per person.
- Food and drink may be purchased from our RMB buffet car.
- If you have any questions, please send an email to [email protected]
Working on the footplate of a steam locomotive can be physically demanding, candidates should be in good health. Suitable old clothing, gloves and stout shoes or safety shoes/boots are strongly recommended on the footplate of the locomotive. Age 18 & over only for driver taster sessions.