This hopper wagon was built in 1959 by Charles Roberts for BR to Diagram 1/587, Lot 2939. It was renumbered DB983233 when it was transferred from the operating fleet to Departmental use. It has a Telegraph Code name of ‘Dogfish’. Privately owned, it came on indefinite loan to the Trust in 2006. It is rated at the unusual figure of 24.5 Tons and is used for carrying and spreading ballast.