LMS Guards Van M294176
This 20T brake van was built by the LMS at Derby in 1929 to diagram D1647 in Lot number 453.
It was one of the earliest arrivals to site arrival from Yeovil in 2005 and was purchased by a group including Trust members but ownership has now been transferred to the Somerset & Dorset Railway Heritage Trust.
It was in poor condition but has now been fully restored on site. It is through piped but is not fitted with vacuum brakes so cannot be used to carry passengers. The primary aim with this vehicle is to use it in demonstration freight trains including photo charters as brake vans of this type were used extensively over the S&D.