Built in 1959 by Charles Roberts for BR to vehicle diagram 1/587 Lot number 2939. It is referred to in the railways Telegraph Code as a Dogfish. Designed to carry and discharge 24T of ballast between rails and either side through 3 bottom doors. Nearly 1300 of these wagons were built. This vehicle is fitted with vacuum brakes.
It was purchased privately from Highworth Junction, Swindon in 2006 and transferred to the S&D at Midsomer Norton. This wagon has been used extensively to spread ballast during the railways extension towards Chilcompton.