This bogie wagon is commonly known as a ‘Sturgeon A’, for telegraphic purposes.
It was built at BR Lancing Works, to Diagram 1/647, Lot No. 3265 in 1959.
It can carry 50 tons and is 69 feet 5 inches long. Originally it had 3-plank sides and ends.
Later it was numbered in Departmental stock as 061201. It was acquired by the S&DRH Trust in 2005 and is used for rail and sleeper transportation.